2018 Year in Review
2018 was another excellent year for Tenaya Capital and our portfolio companies. Across all indicators it was one of our best years on record. We were fortunate to partner with ten new companies and founders that are in the early days of their journey to build category defining businesses. We are excited to help them achieve their visions.
Announced New Investments
- Canopy (May 2018), a provider of cloud-based software for tax and accounting professionals.
- Clari (March 2018), an AI-powered platform to improve sales force operations and make forecasts more reliable.
- Concord (October 2018), a cloud-based platform facilitating managment of contracts all in one place.
- Lyra (February 2018), a technology developer making it easy for people to access high quality mental health care.
- Namely (July 2018), an HR platform bringing together payroll, benefits, and talent management solutions for mid-sized companies.
- StreamSets (August 2018), a developer of a DataOps platform supporting agile, modern data architecture.
- Squelch (December 2018), a platform addressing how customer support accesses the resources needed to win renewals, upsells, and loyalty.
- Valimail (May 2018), a company providing an automated email authentication platform that helps companies prevent fraud, protect their brand, and improve email deliverability.
- Wheels (December 2018), a company revolutionizing short distance transportation, for everyone.
- Wrench (July 2018), a company providing mobile automotive repair services to consumers and fleets.
2018 was also a busy year for IPO and M&A events across the portfolios. Eventbrite and Zuora, two companies that we partnered with in 2008, listed their shares on the NYSE. We also completed five notable M&A transactions across the portfolios that will add significant strategic value for their acquirers: PlanGrid (Autodesk), Skyhigh (McAfee), Tenor (Google), ThreatMetrix (Relx) and Wooga (Playtika).
We are proud of the milestones these exceptional businesses achieved and are thankful for the tireless work the founders, executives and team members contributed over the years to build these companies into market leaders.
As we look forward to 2019, we are excited about the growth and goals many of the existing portfolio companies have in store for themselves this year, and the new entrepreneurs we will meet and partner with on their growth story.
Here’s to a great year ahead!
About Tenaya Capital
Tenaya Capital is a leading early growth technology focused venture capital fund. With $1.5 billion assets under management, Tenaya is an active enterprise and consumer technology investor that strives to partner with companies early in their journeys, typically at the Series B and Series C stage. With offices in the San Francisco Bay Area and the Greater Boston Area, Tenaya has partnered with leading technology startups, including: Acquia, Eventbrite (NYSE: EB), HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS), Infoblox (NYSE: BLOX), Kayak (NASDAQ: KYAK), Lyft, New Relic (NYSE: NEWR), Palo Alto Networks (NYSE: PANW), PlanGrid, Qunar (NASDAQ: QUNR), ThreatMetrix, Wavefront, Zappos and Zuora (NYSE: ZUO). For a full list of Tenaya's investment, please see our website.